Monday, March 16, 2015

BLOG ABOUT TWITTER

Call me old school but although I have over 19 years of technology experience and have seen the evolution of many of these technologies and supported the back-end of these systems and their development for years, I really enjoy a face-to-face conversation. I find it energizing, refreshing and "natural". We were made for relationships and people for centuries have thrived using face-to-face, eye-to-eye communications!

With that said, I do appreciate the power of new media and the way it allows us to communicate. I think that in a choice between Twitter and Blackboard, Twitter wins hands-down. The interface is simpler compared to Blackboard which is cumbersome and somewhat awkward at times. Blackboard is tech-centric and not very intuitive. I think one fosters communications and the other repels it. I think Blackboard has the advantage of no 140 character limit, but that's not a great selling feature. Twitter allows you to get a thought across in a quick and dynamic way, Blackboard does not. If the system requires a training session to understand it, it's not intuitive enough!

Also, Twitter allows you to integrate your social, education and work environments all within one platform. Blackboard does not as it was designed to foster limited communications and with that, will never become what it's designers possibly hoped it would be.

My two cents..

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment